Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History made!


I had no intentions of having many political posts on this blog, but I guess since I started it about a month ago and it happens to be a time, when one of the most important election in history has been taking place, I ended up posting some.....

Everyone knows the news by now. Barack Obama is the President elect of the United States of America. Even though I am not an American citizen I have a lot of respect and love for this country. This is the the second time I have seen a presidential election take place, after coming to America.

Weather you live in the US or another country, weather you like the US or don't, the truth is that that leadership and decisions made here will effect millions of people around the world. People in the US should be proud of their country and the political system.

Weather you voted for McCain or Obama, the votes have been counted and the winner has been declared. Now, it is time to respect the office of the President and support the President. If you are a christian reading this, you have the duty to pray for the President since he is your leader. Even if you don't agree with some of the policies (and I for one don't. I don't agree with all of McCain's policies either), it is your duty to pray that he makes wise decisions, pray for his safety, pray for his family and the future of the country.

Either way for those who are happy with the result, this is great!! If you are not, well this is a great time to be alive and practice some of the hard sayings in the Bible. Pray for the President. Its your duty!!