Monday, August 31, 2009

I'll Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse by Michael Franzese

I'll make you and offer you can't refuse by Michael Franzese is a pretty interesting book. The title was the first thing that got my attention and when I saw that the book was written by a former Mob Boss I thought it should be pretty interesting since I never read any book by someone in the mob.

The book consists of eleven chapters in which Michael Franzese talks about eleven different things to consider to build and maintain a successful business. These are lessons that he learnt in his life during the the time he spent with the mob.

He uses the wisdom of Machiavelli and Solomon to describe the wrong and right way of doing things. Even though you might not find anything that will revolutionize your thinking regarding business and life there are certain lessons and ideas to be learnt from the book. There are a lot of interesting stories from his life that he shares to get his point across. The stories kept my attention and at the end of every chapter there was something that you could walk away with.

Even though it might not be a great how-to book on business, it is a pretty easy read in which you learn some insights and get a small peak into the life of a former Mob Boss!