Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
After watching the talk, I wondered what would happen if we gave "off time" for the people who work in our churches. What kind of impact and affect would that have?
I would really like your thoughts on this topic.....
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Here are some pictures from last sunday that my brother took.
Monday, September 21, 2009
2. Do things just to be noticed by people.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
- A cowboy never takes unfair advantage - even of an enemy.
- A cowboy never goes back on his word or betrays a trust.
- A cowboy always tells the truth.
- A cowboy is kind and gentle with children, the elderly and animals.
- A cowboy is free from racial or religious prejudice.
- A cowboy is always helpful and lends a hand when anyone's in trouble.
- A cowboy is a good worker.
- A cowboy stays clean in thoughts, speech, action and personal habits.
- A cowboy respects womanhood, parents, and the law of his nation.
- A cowboy is a patriot his country.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Monday, August 31, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
I have not listened to the album yet but I will in about 2 minutes!! Once you do finish listening to it, let me know what you think!!
Friday, August 14, 2009
I believe it is going to be a great series for people who have not yet made a decision to receive and follow Jesus!
So if you have family or friends that you have been praying for, this might be a great opportunity to invite them to church online!! Let me know if you do!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
We have all heard the sayings..... Time is money. You can never get back time that is lost..... and so on.
Well as I was waiting for an appointment a few days ago, I started to think about how many people really don't pay any attention to redeeming time.
I think that redeeming time is one of the most important lessons that a leader should learn when it comes to self-leadership.
If a leader does not redeem the time that he/she has they will always be "busy" but will never be able to actually do things that are necessary to make progress!
This is something I am currently learning and by the grace of God getting better at.
Today, there are many ways that you can redeem time!
Here are some of the ways I try to redeem time:
- I listen to podcasts/ CD's while driving, working out and doing work around the house!
- I always make sure that I am carrying a book or two so that I can read when I have to wait for people, appointments etc.
- I read The Bible and a few blogs on my iphone.
- Meditate on the Word.
So what are some of the ways you redeem time?
What lesson are you currently learning when it comes to self leadership?
Friday, July 10, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
- The first level is where we say we forgive the person that has hurt us but we really don't let go of the hurt and pain.
- The second level is where we forgive and forget.
- The third level or the level where you get hit by the wasabi-punch. This is where we start looking through God's eyes. We realize that we ourselves are in need of his mercy and that we ourselves had to be forgiven by God for the things we have done against Him!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Check the massive LED screens expand!! Pretty cool stuff!!
Are you guys going to any concert during the summer? What music are your currently listening to?
Monday, June 29, 2009
The clips really don't do justice for all that was taught in the message and the series. To really get everything that was taught I would really encourage you to go here and get a copy!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Here are 10 things I got out of this video about starting a movement:
- All movements need a leader.
- You will be alone at the beginning!
- You have to be bold and courageous!
- You cannot worry and stress out about what others might think.
- You have to be in it for the long haul. (Consistency)
- You have to interact and welcome people who seem to be interested in what you are doing.
- When people start getting involved, don't try to control them.
- There will always be people who will not get involved in the movement, so don't try to please everyone!
- Let the tribe improvise and be creative.
- Have fun! Its all worth it at the end!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
- What do you think?
- How will this change the way most churches and ministries operate?
Monday, June 15, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Bill Hybels is someone I really admire and respect.
I have no clue about the context in which this statement was made.
BUT.... since it got me thinking about incrementalism and innovation in the church, I thought I would ask you some of the questions that came to my mind.
When it comes to leading change in an organization, especially in a church:
- Is innovation always better than incrementalism?
- What is the main difference between incrementalism and innovation?
- Is it better to make small changes and reach the goal or is it better to make big changes and reach the goal?
- By making big changes don't you run a bigger risk of loosing people? I do realize it is necessary at times!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
Well this is an update on what has happened in her life since then! If you don't know what I am talking about, check out the video in my previous post and then see the video below.
God has really worked in and through this young students life!
Click here to get more details from the local news station.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
If some of the songs just play 30 second clips, click on the "add" button and it will play the entire song!
Let me know what you think about this album. Would like to hear your thoughts!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
This is the second book I got for FREE through Thomas Nelson book review bloggers.
If you have ever listened to or watched Andy Stanley teach at his church or at a conference, you know that he is very simple and easy to understand. Well it the same with this book. Very simple yet profound and powerful thoughts and insights. The book has been very helpful for me, especially because of where I am in my life. There are some really good stories from Andy Stanley's life that he shares in the book to get the points in different chapters across.
The book is a very easy read. Here are some points that really stood out to me:
- Direction, not intention determines our destination!
- Acknowledging God = Submitting to God
- Divine direction begins with unconditional submission. Not information!
- Every decision has an outcome, and every path has a destination.
- choices are now but outcomes are later.
There are many more things you will learn from the book. You will learn how to choose the right path. If you want to and need help with making better and wiser choices in life, this book will definitely help you with that. At the end of every chapter are great questions for life application.
The book challenged me in many ways and I believe it will continue to do so as I strive to make better choices in life.
If you have read the book, what are your thoughts? What book or books are you currently reading?
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Joyce Meyer was recently in Hampton, VA and i was able to attend one of the sessions. She taught on the fruit of the spirit. Here are some of the notes from the session.
- Jesus cursed the fig tree because it was fake!
- A fig tree is supposed to have fruit under the leaves and this one had no fruit.
- Covering up with leaves did not work for Adam & Eve, and it will not work for us too!
- 1 Corinthians 13:7-8
- If you study success more than you study Love, you will not have true success!
- If you study prosperity more than you study Love, you will not have true prosperity!
- Patience - You will have to wait in life weather you like it or not! The important thing is how you wait? (attitude)
- James 1:2-4
- As a person you have the potential to hurt just as many people as you help!! Especially true for leaders!
- Psalm 131
- Hebrews 12:2-3
- What people want to see in you is the fruit of the spirit.
- You can be pitiful or powerful but you can't be both!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
If you are a person struggling with pornography, here is a free book by Pastor Mark Driscoll that will really help you.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Even though he is not "crazy" about facebook and twitter I know that this was not something that was very easy for him to do. So I began to think.....a part of leadership is giving up! I am not talking about giving up on goals, vision, people etc. but about giving up on something that we "like".
- What are somethings that you had to give up as a leader?
- What are you willing to give up so that you can be a better example for the people who are following you?
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Scott McKain's book might be one of the most relevant books that I have read in the last year as far as business books are concerned. The main issue that Scott McKain addresses in the book is weather or not customers can tell the difference between you and your competition. He first addresses how individuals and companies got into the mess in the first place and then spends the rest of the time addressing the different avenues of differentiation. He also addresses the four cornerstones that every individual and company need to pay attention to.
The four cornerstones are :
- Customer-Experience Focus
I also really liked the format of the book. At the end of every chapter is an executive summary and another section with action steps, questions and ideas. Both the sections are very helpful and at the end of each chapter.
The book is also a part of the Nelson Free program. With this program once you buy the book you get to download the audio version as an mp3 and an ebook version for FREE which is great value for your money!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Especially singles who are thinking about marriage!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
I had the opportunity to go to a meeting recently where Pastor Creflo Dollar was preaching. He taught on fear and here are some of the notes that I took:
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- Panic is groundless fear.
- The US is now more afraid then ever before.
- We have been given:
- Power - ability to get results
- Love - to love what/who is not lovable
- Sound mind - a mind that is free from fear.
- Fear comes from hearing the contradictions of the word of God.
- Faith comes by hearing the word of God.
- You paralyze the devil when you operate in faith and not fear.
- If you tolerate fear you will contaminate your faith!
- Genesis 3:1-5
- Fear and unbelief go hand in hand.
- The devil does his best to make sure that believers have the doubt that what God said in his word will not come to pass.
- Anger is an expression of fear.
- Fear is abnormal.
- When fear is used as a motivator it will always lead you to bondage!
- Revelation 21:8 if it's OK to have a little fear everything else that is mentioned in the verse should also be OK. Right?
- Philippians 1:28 (amp)
- Matthew 6:25-33
- Meditating on the contradiction of Gods word leads to worry!
- Philippians 4:6-9 (amp)
- Peace - security in the midst of turmoil!
Are you getting older or younger?
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Let me know your thoughts on this. What did you think about the whole thing?
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I just saw this on my facebook wall a few minutes ago! I know lot of people have different opinions and feeling about Pastor Creflo Dollar but I for one do respect the man very much. So needless to say when I saw what you can see in the picture above, I was pretty siked about it!
It is really him on facebook and you can add him as a friend if you like by clicking here!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
This is a picture that I took a few days ago with my phone. The good news is that I was at the gas station when i did! This has been a hectic week for me. Had a lot of things I needed to get done and lot of things on my mind. Everyone of us know that running on empty is not a good thing but sometimes we find ourselves there! This is especially true for leaders. It is not a good place to be spiritually, physically, mentally, financially or in any other area of our lives.
So here are two questions:
- What are some of the ways that you make sure you don't get to this place?
- If you do get there, what do you do to recover?
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Twimailer demo from jon on Vimeo.
If you found this helpful, take a second to tweet about it! Thanks!
Friday, March 13, 2009
Thomas Nelson sends you a copy of the books that they are releasing if you will write a 200+ word review of the book on your blog and on any consumer retail website.
So if you have a blog and like to read simply click here and you can get started! It hardly takes 2 minutes to get signed up. I talked about the first book I received from them here. I will soon finish reading it and write a post about it.
Post a comment and let me know if you sign up for it!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Rob Bell Interviews Shane Hipps About Technology from Deadly Viper on Vimeo.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
I just found out about this earlier today. When i first got on twitter i synced my facebook status with twitter which really confused and irritated some of my friends on facebook. Well now thanks to the new app on facebook, only the tweets I want will be synced to facebook.
Its a very simple and easy process to install it. You can just click here and install it in a few seconds! Let me know if you need help with instaling it! Have fun!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I can see the competition heating up! You can check your score here.
You can follow Anthony here and you can follow me here!
P.S. Relax! we are not doing this just to goof around. We know that Social Media is much bigger than getting a score!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I might be a little off with bloging and tweeting depending on the availability of internet access. Hoping to get some good seats on the flight. well this is all for now.
P.S. ATL has A LOT of choices for food in the airport!! Good stuff!
Monday, February 16, 2009
My Bishop was recently invited to Regent University to talk about "African Americans and the church." With everything that has been going on in America and with February being Black History month, I think it is very appropriate to take some time and understand the role that African Americans have played and will continue to play in the Church, America and the world!
The talk is about 35 minutes long. Click here to watch it!
After watching it, let me know what you think. What are your thoughts?
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
- Purposedriven.com was relaunched! Lot of new content added.
- Lifechurch.tv is going to lauch its fourteenth campus. Click here to see a video.
- Free iTunes download of Tim Keller and Edmund Clowney.
- Pastor Mark Driscoll was on D.L.Hughley's show on CNN. You can watch the video here.
- You can listen to MuteMath's new EP here.
- Here is a great post that shows exactly how Newspring church put together the technical side of the web campus.
- Leaders! If you are in your twenties you might want to check this out!
So I unexpectedly got a chance to see the movie with my brother today and I loved it! I have been wanting to see this movie for quite some time and it was definitely worth the watch. Beautiful story of how a group of Jews survived in the forests when the Nazis tried to destroy them.
There were many lessons that could be learnt and if you are a leader or interested in leadership in anyway this will be a great movie to watch!
If you have already seen it, what did you think about it and if you did not, what are some of your favorite movies?