Sunday, June 7, 2009

Innovation VS. Incrementalism

I saw this tweet a few days ago from Craig T. Owens. Since I read the tweet, I have been thinking about this quote by Bill Hybels.

Bill Hybels is someone I really admire and respect.

I have no clue about the context in which this statement was made.

BUT.... since it got me thinking about incrementalism and innovation in the church, I thought I would ask you some of the questions that came to my mind.

When it comes to leading change in an organization, especially in a church:
  1. Is innovation always better than incrementalism?
  2. What is the main difference between incrementalism and innovation?
  3. Is it better to make small changes and reach the goal or is it better to make big changes and reach the goal?
  4. By making big changes don't you run a bigger risk of loosing people? I do realize it is necessary at times!
So, What are your thoughts on this? I would like to hear your thoughts and get your input!