It has been a great read. There are too many things that i have learnt and picked up from the book, so what i have decided to do is give you some of, what Andy Stanley calls building blocks that are mentioned in the book about vision.
- A vision begins as a concern.
- A vision does not necessarily require immediate action.
- Walk before you talk; Investigate before you initiate.
- Cast your vision at the appropriate time to the appropriate people.
- Don't confuse your plans with God's vision.
- Visions are refined- they don't change; Plans are revised - they rarely stay the same.
- Visions thrive in unity and die in environments of division.
- Abandon the vision before you abandon your moral authority.
- Don't get distracted!
- The end of a God-ordained vision is God.
- Maintaining a vision requires adherence to a set of core beliefs and behaviors.
- Maintaining a vision requires bold leadership.
There is A LOT more in the book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that plans to live a life of vision and purpose.