Sunday, October 19, 2008

L3 - Leadership Lessons Learnt


As I learn about leadership and what it means to be a leader, one of the common phrases that has really been on my mind about leading is "Leading by example." In the last three weeks this has become more apparent to me then ever. 

Even though it is a very common and basic leadership principle I found myself neglecting it at certain times. If you are not intentional about it, you WILL end up neglecting it. In the last few weeks, I have been very intentional to address this and I have already seen a change in the team that I lead. No matter what you do it life, if there are people that you influence and would like them to do certain things, there is no better way to lead them then by example. 
I honestly believe that if you lead by example, the people will always be willing to follow. 

Let me know what you think.... or if you have any thoughts about this.