Here are a few things that I got out of the talk.
- Leadership is a service and it is a privilege.
- When you as the leader mess up, you not only have a negative impact on the people that you lead but also on their families and community.
- Leadership has its privileges but it also comes with a lot of responsibility.
- 5 things that caused us to win:
- People matter: Its how we live. Customers matter. Your team matters. People are not commodities. Eat, live and die for your team. Make sure you are loyal to your team, before you wonder about their loyalty to you.
- An excellent team matters: Excellence needs to be a part of the DNA. Absolutely no gossip allowed.
- Slow & steady matters: Slow and steady wins the race. Don't get distracted. Business done well is a crock pot. you have to cook it long.
- Financial principals matter: Stay out of debt. Run your life and your organization on a budget. Be generous.
- A higher calling matters: Play for something bigger than yourself. You will fight harder and think smarter when you do. You will not quit when you play for something big and have a sense of calling. Answer the question, "Why do you do what you do?"